To see more PJ Library Western Massachusetts events like Sparkle Havdallah, be sure to like our Facebook page. To become part of our PJ Library family and receive free, age-appropriate books every month for each of your children between the ages of 6 months and 8 years old enroll here. If your kids are between the ages of 9 and 13, they are eligible to enroll in PJ Our Way and choose a chapter book each month!
PJ Library Western Massachusetts’ Sparkle Havdallah is generously funded by a grant from the Harold Grinspoon Foundation and made possible with the support of Gan Keshet Jewish Community Preschool of the Pioneer Valley, Congregation Bnai Israel, Lander-Grinspoon Academy, Springfield Jewish Community Center, Beit Ahavah ~ The Reform Synagogue of Greater Northampton, and the Jewish Federation of Western Massachusetts.
Major funding for PJ Library in Western Massachusetts comes from the Harold Grinspoon Foundation, Susan Weiss Firestone & William Firestone, the Jewish Federation of Western Massachusetts, Mercedes-Benz of Springfield, and other local donors.
You can explore the themes of Sparkle Havdallah through our suggested reading list of picture books below. Many of these titles are available for purchase at High Five Books in Florence:
- You Sparkle Inside by Rachel Kann
- What Makes a Baby by Cory Silverberg
- Neither by Airlie Anderson
- When Aidan Became a Brother by Kyle Lukoff
- It Feels Good to Be Yourself by Theresa Thorn
- They, She, He, Me, Free to Be by Maya Gonzalex
- What Riley Wore by Alana K Arnold
- Julian is a Mermaid by Jessica Love
- A Fire Engine for Ruthie by Leslea Newman
- Mary Wears What She Wants by Keith Negley
- It’s Ok to Be Different by Todd Parr
- Be Who You Are by Todd Parr
- Red: A Crayon Story by Michael Hall
- Call Me Tree by Maya Christina Gonzalez
- From The Stars in the Sky to the Fish in the Sea by Kai Cheng Thom
- A House for Everyone by Ju Hirst
- Phoenix Goes to School by Michelle and Phoenix Finch
- I am Jazz by Jessica Herthel and Jazz Jennings
- Jacob’s Room to Choose by Sarah and Ian Hoffman, Chris Case
- Jacob’s New Dress by Sarah and Ian Hoffman, Chris Case
- Donovan’s Big Day by Leslea Newman
- Introducing Teddy: A Gentle Story about Gender and Friendship by Jessica Walton
- Jack (Not Jackie) by Erica Silverman
For upcoming local events in our Jewish community that your family may enjoy, view the community calendar for up-to-date listings.