Join the Federation team…
The mission of the Jewish Federation of Western Massachusetts, as the Pioneer Valley’s central Jewish communal organization, is to ensure the continuity and well-being of a vibrant Jewish community in the Pioneer Valley, Israel and the world. Guided by the values of Torah (Jewish learning), Klal Yisrael (the responsibility of each Jew for another), Tikkun Olam (repairing the world) and Tzedakah (justice, righteousness and philanthropy), the Federation, together with its local and worldwide partners, educates and advocates for and supports Jews locally, nationally and internationally, by
• Planning and evaluating strategically.
• Raising and allocating funds.
• Developing, inspiring and providing leadership.
The development associate is responsible for assisting in and supporting fundraising operations of the Jewish Federation of Western Massachusetts. Reporting to the senior development officer and the CEO, the development associate will also support the activities of The Jewish Endowment Foundation (JEF) and work with the JEF Chair. This is a part-time position.
• Responsible for all cash receipts. Creates daily cash sheets for Finance and provides copies for appropriate department staff.
• Prepares acknowledgement letters for gifts.
• Manages a donor database, maintaining its accuracy and integrity by ensuring that all information is kept current and is entered according to established procedures.
• Troubleshoots database issues, escalating to COO as necessary.
• Provides support to various committees and volunteers during fundraising campaigns and events.
• Receives grant and scholarship applications, prepares them for committee review.
• Processes donor advised fund recommendations, verifying fund availability and grantee qualifications.
• Assists with the creation and finalization of guest and appeal lists.
• Provides support to other marketing efforts and works with the director of marketing/communications regarding public relations needs.
• Writes grant requests and proposals as necessary.
• Assists in scheduling meetings with prospective funders and donors.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDFGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
• Possesses experience in Blackbaud based or other donor management database systems.
• Has the ability to work flexible hours.
• Displays exceptional time-management and organizational skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, including but not limited to Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Demonstrates a professional demeanor at all times.
• Works well independently and as part of a team.
Education and Experience
Associates Degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred). In lieu of a degree, two to three years’ experience in a related field, along with some college level course work may be acceptable. Experience in organizing fundraising events is preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Hours and salary to be determined. Paid vacation, paid holidays, paid medical leave, paid personal days.
PJ Library Coordinator
The PJ Library Coordinator is responsible for assisting in and supporting engagement activities for families with young children through the PJ Library Program of the Jewish Federation of Western Massachusetts. Reporting to the CEO, the PJ Library Coordinator will also work with the Development staff to identify ways to deepen the relationship between PJ Library families and the Federation.
PJ Library is an international program that supports families in their Jewish journey by sending Jewish-content books and music on a monthly basis to children from age 6 months to 8 years. Through the program, families with young children are provided the opportunity to develop a personal library of age appropriate Jewish books, music, and DVDs at no cost. PJ Library of Western Massachusetts provides opportunities for families to enhance their connections to the community and to one another through social media, e-newsletters and community programs.
• To expand ongoing communication with PJ Library families
• To develop and utilize social networking/media strategies for outreach and ongoing engagement
• To expand relationships and collaborate with PJ Library partner organizations
• To help with recruitment and oversight of PJ Library volunteers
• To assist with overall PJ Library program needs
• To plan and implement PJ Library programs in public spaces
• To assist with monitoring, tracking and reporting on PJ Library activities
• To oversee and manage local PJ Library subscriptions
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDEGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
• Demonstrated experience in event planning and coordination, marketing, non-profit administration, or work with families with young children
• Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
• Detail oriented and able to communicate clearly through oral and written means
• Must have proficient organizational skills, be thorough and experienced in Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to communicate successfully with families, volunteers, staff members and community organizations
• Able to work collaboratively with a team, as well as effective independently
• Familiarity with PJ Library program preferred
Associates Degree preferred.
· Position requires the use of a car to travel to program events and meetings
· Position includes some evening and weekend attendance at programs, meetings and events (minimum of twice a month)
Hours and salary to be determined.
The Jewish Federation of Western Massachusetts cares for Jews in need and creates vibrant Jewish life in Western Massachusetts, Israel and around the globe. Through our community building and fundraising efforts, Federation supports vital educational and social service programs in western Massachusetts, Israel and around the world. We connect our constituents to a community that pursues social justice, fights hunger and poverty, rescues and resettles people in danger, and strengthens Jewish life. We are a community without borders and barriers. We support everyone from birth through senior life, from need to comfort, from isolation to spiritual growth and fulfillment. We offer life-long enriching Jewish experiences for people of all ages and backgrounds. Through a network of agencies, synagogues, organizations, professionals and volunteers, our Federation is ready to serve and help every member of our community.
The Jewish Federation of Western Massachusetts welcomes the participation of interfaith couples and families, and people of all abilities, backgrounds and sexual orientations. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information or to apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .