Working to alleviate hunger and reduce the waste of food resources in Western Massachusetts since 1992.
Six days a week, more than 200 volunteers collect food from local supermarkets, restaurants, caterers and bakeries, and deliver it to more than 40 agencies, including soup kitchens, food pantries, and shelters.
Through food distribution, various projects, and a Teen Board, Rachel's Table makes a difference in the hunger community in Western Massachusetts.
Our programs, events and projects include:
- Big Y Foodraiser –Partnering annually with Big Y and the community to stock the pantries of four agencies, with fun and prizes. Join us at the Big Y in Longmeadow November 2017!
- The Birthday Cake Fund - Ensuring that children in shelters receive a birthday cake.
- Bountiful Bowls - Raise awareness and much needed dollars every two years. Join us for "Bountiful Bowls after Dinner" June 8, 2017 at Bay Path University with a raffle featuring exciting packages. Chances of winning are one in ten.
- The Gleaning Project - Rescuing produce from local farms with youth groups from community organizations such as synagogues, churches, and schools, who then harvest, weigh, and deliver them to our local agencies.
- The Bernice & Joseph Kalicka Milk Project - Providing shelf-stable milk for agencies serving children.
- ESSEN-TIALS - Partnering with Jewish Family Services to supply kosher food to families who observe the dietary laws of Kashrut.
- Grant-A-Snack & Uncle Paul’s Snack Closet - Purchasing kid friendly nutritious snacks for our agencies serving children.
- The Sanford & Toba Kimball Food Bank Project - Providing cash credit to our agencies to make purchases at the Food Bank.
- Outrun Hunger - Outrunning childhood hunger with a 5k fun run organized by our teen board. All money raised goes directly to programs feeding children in our local community, and promotion of the event goes a long way in raising awareness of the issues surrounding childhood hunger.
- The Posnick Produce Project - Providing hungry families with nutritious fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Protein Project - Purchasing fresh protein products to supply our agencies with nutritious food.
- The Teen Board - Engaging and educating youth about hunger issues by supporting their activities addressed at alleviating childhood hunger.
For more information, or to get involved, visit our website or call (413) 733-0084.
Rachel's Table is a project of the Jewish Federation of Western Massachusetts and 22News/WWLP.
Thank you to our corporate sponsor, Peoples Bank.